Melissa nominated me for the Liebster Award. I will have to sheepishly admit that I was nominated for this award previously, but I was so overwhelmed with starting this blog that I didn’t want to run around and try to figure it out. I just needed a breather. I am very gracious that she believes in my words. And I am so very thankful that she took the time to consider my words as any value. The Rules: When you are nominated you are asked 11 questions by the person who nominated you. You answer them. Then you nominate 11 other people. You ask them 11 questions. And I have to tell 11 things about myself! Yikes! See why I’m a little overwhelmed? 😉
Favorite beverages: I’m learning to fall in love with drinking water all over again. I’ve given up soda and I’m working on saying goodbye to sweet tea and lemonades. I really have a strong love for Lemonade Vitamin Water Zero, so there is that.
Favorite quote: There are quite a few quotes that resound with me infinitely. This one is the one that has me perplexed at the moment: An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. I tend to worry so much that I am doing something wrong when adversity is knocking at my door, but I am learning that I have to really realize that there’s always a little bit of bad to make you appreciate the good.
Favorite book of the Bible: I love Moses. I love reading Exodus in the Old Testament. I love Hosea and the allegory provided for God’s love and marriage to His unfaithful Bride. Romans 12 is my life chapter. I breathe those verses in and out as often as I can. I love, love, love the book of James. Basically, the Bible is my favorite feast.
Describe the perfect tattoo: I have a tattoo that I do adore. It is a small apple on the small of my back. It stands for the fruit of temptation and putting it behind me. I would love to get a tree with the references “Psalm 1” & “John 15” in the leaves on my shoulder. And the word “always” tattooed behind my ear. (Basically I’m in love with tattoos.)
Favorite word: copious.
Favorite place and why: I don’t have a favorite place any longer. The time has transpired that I have given up my love affair with the Grayson Lake under starry skies. That was my collegiate love. I have yet to find a place here in Indiana that just sweeps me into God’s presence in such a way. But that doesn’t mean that I’ve given up looking. If I had to pick a place, it would be in the snuggle of a hug from one of the darlings that I watch.
Favorite scents: honeysuckle. baking bread.
Favorite body part and why: My favorite personal body part? That’s tough. Probably my wrists and the scars that they bear. Not because I want people to think I’m so fragile, damaged monster. But because they show that I’ve fought hard, and I’ve survived.
Time of day, day of week and month of year: My favorite time of day is right when sleepy eyes become wide eyes and foggy minds becomes clear. It doesn’t always happen right after waking, but the second that a day affords clarity is my favorite. My favorite day of the week has always been Thursday. It is the birth pang before the weekend. My favorite month of the year is August, and not because it is my birthday month. It is the last kiss of summer before Fall comes, and I absolutely adore that transition.
Where do you want to travel?: Further west. I’ve only been this far west and I’d like to go across the US. Haiti. Africa. Ireland.
Describe your best memory. I have so many memories that are truly fond to me. I am a collector of laughter. So I think the last Christmas that my mother, brother, father, sister, and nieces and I had together. We were karaokeing and my dad’s laugh was deep and resonate and wonderful. And I just miss my father so much that any memory of him is my favorite/best these days.
Those were my 11 questions asked of me! They were quite perplexing to consider.
11 Things About Me
- I am a nanny for three beautiful angels. The fourth will be arriving in a week or two. I am excited for the changes, and nervous, and it just makes my head hurt to really think about it all, actually.
- I am on this weight loss kick and I am using my weekends to talk about it.
- I have always dreamed of writing books. I have finally accepted, after a lifetime of writing, that I am a writer. I just don’t even know what genre I would attempt to pour my soul into, so I am hesitant again.
- I have three extremely close friends in my area with whom I spend time. And each of them knows me in a way that only they can. We have the craziest adventures and I cannot thank God enough for the blessings provided through the three.
- I have a church family that is fantastic, beautiful, and the hands and feet of Jesus.
- I always desire to be someone who, when you first meet me, you want to be part of my “club” and after you walk away you feel like you’re my best friend. Not because I want to cultivate wicked amounts of superficial friendships, but because I want people to feel loved and accepted after having met me.
- I am striving to be more compassionate. I want my life to look like Jesus’. I want my love to be like His. It is a challenge that I am really hitting hard on. I’m spending a year reading the Gospels in my personal devotional time. I am dedicating more time to spiritual disciplines. And I have given up dating for a year, because I need to realign my life to Scripture.
- I have a nose piercing, and I don’t know that I would keep it, except I can’t figure out how to take it out.
- I wear my father’s wedding ring on my right hand at all times. He was my best friend, and I lost him in October of 2009 to earthly death, to an eternal life.
- I live in Indiana presently, but I hail from Kentucky.
- I have an obsession with Mario Party games. But the 9th one is terrible.
The 11 for the nominated
- Did you have a particular animal that you slept with when you were younger?
- What song lyric always hits you right in the chest?
- What is your favorite time of day and why?
- Who do you call when everything seems crazy and out of sorts?
- What is your favorite flower and why?
- If you could only eat five foods for the rest of your life what would they be?
- If you had to choose only one season of the year to live for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is your favorite book? What about it do you like?
- Are you a night owl or a morning person?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Your hobbies?
And the nominees! Totally not 11.
Normal posting to resume tomorrow. 🙂