: the deepest emotions or affections — usually used in plural
A list of things that play my heartstrings:
- The laughter of small children.
- Hearing my favorite song on the radio.
- Seeing butterflies when it hardly seems like the time or season for them.
- Seeing more than stars, but other markers in the galaxy because there isn’t any light pollution for miles and miles.
- Hearing a stranger hum a song that you just had in your head.
- The smell of warm, fresh comfort food in my Momma’s kitchen.
- Being told that I am loved “to Pluto and back again twice”
- The prayers of someone who has invested time into my life on more than one occasion.
- The feeling of clarity when you push through something you never thought was possible before.
- The satisfaction of a hard day completed.
- The contentment of pajamas and being with friends without having to say anything of consequence.
- Sleeping in your own bed after being away on a trip.
- The multiplication factor of laughter from friends.
- Dance parties in the living room of friends.
- A good book that you never want to end.